A WOW Moment

IdaMae D.
on 5/2/11 11:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Wanted to share this with you all.

Last Thursday I was involved in a photoshoot for the university I attend.  A few weeks ago one of the administrators of the university approached me and asked if I would agree to do a photo shoot for the MBA program that will be used for the website and brochures.

My first instinct was to say  HECK NO!!!!  What are these people crazy asking me to appear on their website and in a brochure.  Have they looked at me.  Do they want my photo to represent their program, they must be "CRAZY"   I can't appear in a photoshoot, I look terrible!!!!

So with all that said, I started thinking about it.  I look nothing like I did two years ago.  I'm at a comfortable weight for me.  I'm in sizes that I'm extemely happy with.  I walk down the hallway at work and receive compliments daily.  (I must say that is a great boost)  So I started thinking, why not do the photoshoot.  I have nice suits.  I look halfway decient when I wear makeup and take time doing my hair.  After thinking about it for a few days I decided to say yes.  I must say I was still very apprehensive, but also pushing me out of my comfort zone is a good thing.

Two years ago I would have never given this any thought, consideration, nothing, I would have flat out refused to do it.

Last Thursday evening I went to the university to meet with another gentleman from my class who was also asked to do this photo shoot.  Oh My WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

They staged most of the photos, itwas a little difficult to relax and act as if we were interacting, talking about class, and keep in mind (there was not photographer taking our pictures).  Once we both settled in it was fun.  Took shots walking down the hallway - 2 yrs ago I'd never allow a body shot of me.  Took shots of us sitting in the cafateria, another one I'd never allow without hiding my belly from the camera.  Then some shots walking up the sidewalk outside, again I'd never have agreed to a full body shot of me a couple years ago. 

This was an amazing experience and so much fun to do.

Thank you all for allowing me to share this stuff with you all!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 5/3/11 12:35 am
IDA,

What an AWESOME WOW moment!! So happy for you!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 5/4/11 11:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Beth!

IdaMae

Maura M.
on 5/3/11 9:27 am - Yardley, PA
You look way better than halfway decent - you look wholeway decent! Very cool! 
Maura

IdaMae D.
on 5/4/11 11:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Maura!

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 5/3/11 8:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
That is so cool!!!!
IdaMae D.
on 5/4/11 11:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Nicole!

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 5/3/11 8:32 pm - Whitehall, PA
 IDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!! I'm so glad you didn't say no.  You have done so well in your weight loss, but forget all that.  You are the perfect person to represent the school!  I am so proud of you for being an adult student and for doing so well!

CONGRATS all around!

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 5/4/11 11:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Lisa!

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 5/3/11 8:48 pm
Wonderful story Ida!
Most Active
Recent Topics